Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Few Old Friends, Part 2

When I try to get to know people, one of the questions I tend to ask is, "What is the best gift you've ever received?" Hearing the answer often gives me some insight into what's truly important to them. These next few posts are about the best gift I've ever received, a dollhouse filled with homemade furniture that I received from my parents for Christmas when I was 4 years old.

I recently went back to my childhood home and brought back a few of these treasures for my little girls. Here are a few of the gems from the living room.



 If you look closely at the drawer pulls on the furniture, you'll see that they're actually the heads of pins with the pointy side clipped off.



I still have vivid memories of watching my dad cut these pieces out and my mom staining the wood.

I'll show you the bedroom furniture in the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment