Friday, June 3, 2011

Hop To It Lounge Outfit

I was feeling particularly industrious recently and decided to sew a pair of comfy pants and make a matching shirt for A. 

We went to the fabric store and I let her pick out appropriate fabric.


I used the basic kids pants pattern from one of my very favorite blogs, Made, found here.



Then I selected a cute frog to applique to the t-shirt.


I used fabric stabilizer for the first time and completed the applique using a satin stitch on my sewing machine. I stitched to the inside of the edges of the applique to allow it to fray a little as it would be washed.


I was able to print my stencil directly onto the freezer paper, then cut it out and adhered it to the t-shirt, like I did in the Freezer Paper Stencil Wall Art tutorial.


I used a coordinating fabric paint...


...and when it dried, I peeled the stencil away. 


Here's the finished set.


It fit A really nicely, with a little room to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment